5 Ways to Make Your Influencer Marketing Effective
Do you know that 71% of marketers claim influencer marketing brings them higher quality customers and traffic — and for every $1 spent on it, the average return is $6.50?
Influencer marketing is becoming more and more popular as a way to reach customers and sway their buying decisions. Much more powerful than only a review, influencer marketing is user-generated content from your customers on their personal social media accounts that voices satisfaction in a number of ways — unboxings and unbaggings, photo posts, pre-recorded video posts, and IGTV/ live demos, to name a few.
However, all influencer marketing is not created equally. We’ve found there is a secret to success — not so secret after this! It’s using our proven MAGIC formula, which contains five ways to make your next influencer marketing effective.
- Motivation to purchase/listen — The followers of influencers must be invested in their lifestyle and open to receiving direct word-of-mouth communication.
- Appropriate audience — Influencers must be able to leverage their network, and possess the wisdom to know and choose a priority, authentic audience.
- Genuine content — Influencers must keep the content personal, inspirational and authentic — definitely not sales-focused.
- Insights — You must have mechanisms in place to test and measure influencer marketing, tracking in-depth, hard data and determining your return on investment.
- Creative control — You must ensure visuals are aesthetic and attractive, and allow for creativity and personality within the posts; think outside the box.
See, it’s MAGIC, and when you follow this formula, you’ll be rewarded in three primary ways:
- Brand loyalty — driven by the influencer’s connection, as well as customer and influencer rewards, even during a pandemic
- Additional sales/growth — reflected by a proven return on investment
- Trust and fandom — demonstrated by high-quality customers and traffic, and fueled by this equation: authenticity = influencer trust = brand trust
You do want to ensure you don’t hurt your brand image — as a result of influencer mismatch, inauthenticity (breaking trust) or inappropriate or low-quality content — or waste your time and money by failing to plan, implement, execute or secure the necessary insights to gauge success. It’s MAGIC, but it still requires you to push the right buttons.
Want to learn more about how influencer MAGIC can work for your brand? Contact us for a free strategy session tailored specifically to your brand and industry.
Comments are closed