Top 6 DO’s & DON’Ts for a Successful Promotional Campaign
We’ve been in the industry a long time. We have partnered with numerous brands in multiple industries, providing support and staffing in their product launches, loyalty programs, guerrilla strategies, trade expos, and special events. We thought it only appropriate we offer what we’ve learned over the years to prepare other companies for success and sure-fire growth! Check out our top six do’s and don’ts to consider when planning your promotional marketing program, large or small.
- DON’T spend a fortune on branded marketing assets that do not produce an action step from your consumer.
DO design marketing assets that will enlist an action from your customer.
-Useful giveaways can include QR Codes, IRC’s, and/or marketing cards with recipe ideas. Ask your agency partner what has worked in the past that would be best suited for your brand/program.
- DON’T schedule 100 promotions in the same market, on the same day, at the same time.
DO communicate regularly with your agency to create a schedule that allows trained brand ambassadors to work multiple activations, if possible.
-The more they work for your brand, the better they will get at selling your brand. Use the trained representatives to the brand’s advantage.
- DON’T spend your valuable time ordering, preparing or shipping marketing assets and uniforms.
DO have your agency handle the logistics of your campaign, i.e., preparing and shipping kits, checking inventory, scheduling activations.
- DON’T assume your agency’s team will learn about the brand just from a marketing sheet or website.
DO work with your agency to train your team about the brand and specifics to a program or activation.
-The team will hear your passion and knowledge and be able to share that with your target consumer, increasing sales and a positive consumer experience.
- DON’T jump the gun with your activations or program.
DO allow a few weeks’ lead time for activations to ensure the brand ambassadors are properly trained, have their marketing assets and accounts have adequate inventory.
- DON’T choose an agency partner based solely on price.
DO choose an agency partner based on quality of personnel and expertise in representing a brand of your caliber.
Comments are closed